This is a normal expectation from any user owning a smartphone to check and send emails from their handset. This not only makes the handset more productive, but also increases the convenience of the user. But, in the initial phase, setting up of the email account on to your handset is a little tough if the user is not an experienced one. So, today, I shall discuss on the steps to perform for setting up of the email account in your Samsung Wave phones.
For the purpose of setting up an email account on the Samsung Wave, you need to perform the following steps.
1. There is an application named email in your phone. It comes pre-installed with the handset. Click on it to open.
2. It opens the list of all the existing email accounts set up on your handset. Click on the options button at the bottom of the screen shown by three dots (…).
3. Now, you need to click on the “settings” tab. The “Email Settings” menu gets displayed. You need to configure all the options shown one at a time.
4. Firstly, click on the “Email Accounts” tab. You will be able to see all the existing email accounts set up on your handset. To add a new account, click on the “New” button shown at the left bottom corner of the screen. You shall be shown the types of emails which you may add, like Yahoo, Exchange ActiveSync, Google, Hotmail or Others. Select the one you wish.
5. Now, you need to enter the email address, user name and password. After this, you click on the Next button shown at the bottom left corner of the screen.
6. Now, you will be shown the Connection, port and server settings. If you are not an advanced user, my advice shall be to keep the settings as it is, and then click “Next” button. Thus, you have successfully added a new email account to your handset.
7. To delete an account already added to the handset, you need to click on the options button shown at the bottom by (…) and then click on “Delete Account”. There shall be a list of accounts already added to the handset shown to you. You need to check the boxes of those email accounts that you wish to delete.
8. Now, click on the Delete button shown at the bottom left corner of the screen. You shall be prompted that all the data related to this account shall be deleted. You need to click on “Yes” to confirm.
9. Now again coming to the Email Settings tab, you can set the default email account by going to the “Sending options” and then select the default account. You can set the Deleting settings by going to the “Deleting options” and then selecting either “Phone only” or “Phone and server”. Click on the “Set” button after selection.
So, there you go, a detailed step-wise guide as to how to set up and delete email accounts from any Samsung Wave phones.