The Samsung Wave and the Wave II handsets have become quite popular in the Smartphone market today. There seems to be an increasing trend of people buying the Bada platform handsets these days. Even, the Samsung App Store is increasing in size at quite a nice pace. There are many techniques for performing tasks on your Bada handset which the user at the first time might not know about. So, it becomes somewhere necessary to help them with a set of guidelines to perform certain tasks.
Here I shall present a step by step guide as to how you can install a theme of your choice on your Samsung Wave handsets.
- Firstly, before installing a theme, you need to be ready with the theme to install. Quite a large and diverse collection of themes are available for download from the Samsung App Store. So, you need to first go to the Samsung app Store and then select the Category View.
- Now, in the category view, you need to select Themes. The list of themes available for download opens in a window.
- You can browse through the themes. Whenever you need to check the theme, you can select a theme. The description of the theme opens along with some screenshots for you to see. If you like the theme, then click “Get” button.
- Alternatively, if you know the name of the theme, you can even search the app store for the theme.
- Now, the theme gets downloaded onto your handset.
- After download, the icon of the theme which you have downloaded appears on the main menu. Click on that icon.
- The Theme window opens. You will see the different views which are associated with the theme. The three buttons are Idle to see the appearance of the screen when it is idle, Menu, which is the appearance of the main menu, and List which is for the appearance of the list.
- There shall be two buttons even at the bottom of the screen. One of them will be disabled until you install the theme. The other button is “Install the theme”. Clicking on this button will install the theme on your phone.
- Now, the other button called “How to set a theme” becomes enabled and the “Install a theme” button changes to “Reinstall a theme”. The meanings are self explanatory.
- Now, your theme has been successfully installed on your handset. But, the theme has not yet been set on your phone. To set the theme on your handset you go to the Settings icon on the main menu.
- There, you need to select the Display and Light option.
- Now, you need to click on Theme and then select the theme you just installed.
Click the “Set” button.
Thus, you have successfully changed the theme on your Samsung Wave handset. You can follow same steps to install themes on different samsung bada phones including: Wave(S8500), Wave II(S8530), Wave 575(S5753E), Wave 723(S7233E), Wave 533(S5333) and Wave 525(S5253). If you have any queries, you can let us know below in the comment section.