Skype is a famous VoIP program, widely used on computers and now available on several mobile platforms. Skype allows users to make calls, Video calls, chat and send messages using internet free of charge, except phone call charges.
In October 2010, we heard rumor about Skype’s official app coming for Bada platform in Samsung App Store. According to an article published on Badaitalia.com in October 2010, Samsung and Skype are working together to make a full functional version of this well known VoIP program dedicated to Bada.
Bada users who can not wait for the launch of official Skype App in Samsung Apps store, can use Java (jar) version of Skype. Check out following video that shows demo of Skype Java on Samsung Wave II (s8530). This Java version only supports Chat, and does not include Calling Feature. Official Skype App for Bada is rumored to include following functions:
- Lite version dedicated to Bada
- Use it over 3G, WiFi and HSDPA
- Front Camera will be used to make Video calling
How to use Skype Java on Samsung Bada?
- Download Skype Jar version.
- Extract and put .jar file to your wave phone
- Open File manager and click on .jar file of Skype.
- This will install Skype Java in Games and more Section.
- Go to Games and more Section, and click on Skype to run.
- If you do not have a skype account, then you are required to register an account free.
- Sign in using your login details.
- Add contacts, and start chatting…