With the announcement of Samsung Bada 2.0 OS quite some time ago, there has been a lot of eager waits and woos about the upcoming handsets featuring this version of the proprietary OS of Samsung. But now, the time has finally arrived when the company has announced the trio, Wave 3, Wave M and Wave Y coming forth from their house, featuring the Bada 2.0 OS. Moreover, Wave 3 has been considered as the novel leader in Bada 2.0.
Samsung Wave 3 (GT-S8600):
Now, talking about the Samsung Wave 3, the device is quite a sensational one among the trio, and is to be definitely the most sought after one. With support for video recording at 720p@30fps, there is provision for front facing VGA camera for video calls facilitation and a 3GB of built-in memory. Moreover, the device will support up to 32 GB of external storage via microSD card. Here is a quick snippet of what you are to expect from the marvelous device.
- Super AMOLED screen.
- Display: 4 inch with WVGA resolution
- CPU: 1.4 GHz
- TouchWiz UI
- Support for GPRS/EDGE, HSDPA network.
- Camera: 5 MP, auto-focus, LED flash support
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 support.
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity
Samsung Wave M (GT-S7250) :
Coming down to the Samsung Wave M, it is going to be called the mid-range device among the three, and will definitely appeal to those favoring social networking. Some of the features you might look out for in this handset include the following:
- Display: 3.65 inch LCD TFT, supports HVGA resolution.
- Dimension: 113.8 x 63.3 x 12.2 mm
- Weight: 121 g
- CPU: 832 MHz
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, auto-focus capability, front-facing VGA camera.
- Upto 32 GB of external storage.
- Internal memory: 150 MB
- Video recording: HVGA at 30 fps.
Samsung Wave Y (GT-S5380):
As for the Samsung Wave Y, the handset is mostly aimed as an entry level phone for the Bada OS. Bearing similarity in terms of CPU with the Wave M, the display of this will be smaller as 3.2 inch of TFT LCD screen. With the support for HVGA resolution, the device will feature video recording at 30 fps, internal memory of 150 MB, and an external memory of 32 GB via microSD card. Some of the other features of the device include:
- Dimension: 110 x 58.2 x 12.3 mm
- 3.2 inches display
- Camera: 2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels with fixed focus.
- Supports full connectivity.
- Weight: 102.4 gms.
As common for all the devices, they will be accompanied with NFC capability, proprietary ChatON, the Media Hub and of course not to forget the Kies services. Keep a lookout for the pricing and availability information in this section as we will inform you as soon as possible.